Babcock is a leading supplier to the energy, process, mining and construction industries in Africa.
A dynamic and diversified Group, Babcock is a leading supplier of engineering support services to the energy, process, mining and construction industries and the exclusive regional distributor for many leading international brands and products in southern Africa.
Capabilities and products include, amongst others:
Babcock has a vast history of operational experience in Africa and is able to offer services that cover a wide range of customer's requirements. All services are supplied to accredited quality management systems and the company operates within an integrated Safety, Environmental and Quality Business Risk Management system. Safety to persons and assets is a priority management focus throughout the Group.
- Hiring of mobile cranes, welding plant and mechanical construction equipment.
- Sales, maintenance and spares supply for on- and off- highway transport, construction and lifting equipment.
- Aftermarket support of industrial diesel engines to the domestic and industrial markets.
- Repair, maintenance, manufacture, spares supply and process and engineering analysis for steam generation plant and ancillaries.
- Fabrication and assembly of high integrity pressure tubular components and associated workings for steam generating, process and water cooling plant.
- Manufacture, supply, installation and maintenance of transmission networks on the African continent.
- Erection of high voltage transmission lines on a turnkey basis throughout southern Africa.
Africa head office is located in Bedfordview, Johannesburg, with fabrication and manufacturing facilities situated in Jet Park and Nigel. SDLG and Volvo Construction Equipment and DAF Trucks flagship dealerships are located on the East Rand in Gauteng.
Babcock has a significant dealer footprint in the region with branches throughout South Africa, Mocambique and Zambia. Independent dealerships can be found in Botswana, Namibia, Swaziland and South Africa.
Babcock is a key supplier to leading players in the energy, mining, quarrying, forestry, material handling, road building, transport and construction industries in southern Africa. Babcock is also a principal service provider to southern African governments and parastatal entities.