Babcock has over 50 years' experience in designing, fabricating, testing and installing manipulators across a variety of nuclear applications in both the UK and overseas. We are extremely proud to be the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for many of our clients and to offer a depth of knowledge unmatched by our competitors.
Babcock offer a comprehensive service across its engineering sites, ranging from off-the-shelf manipulators to the conceptual design, development and manufacture of specialised electromechanical and electro-hydraulic systems. In addition to designing and producing special purpose manipulators for ardous conditions, we also have on-going relationships with manipulator manufacturers and provide maintenance and training on products.
A detailed outline of our service is provided below. If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Core service features:
- Three engineering sites at Manchester, Whetstone and Bristol
- Supply of off-the-shelf manipulators (and their modification if required)
- Conceptual design, development and manufacture of specialised electromechanical and electro-hydraulic systems
- We have the resources and flexibility to supply single devices, or to provide complete facilities based on a functional specification
- Ability to expand and refine a customer's concept as required
Babcock' Specialist Manipulator Maintenance Facility (MMF) at Sellafield offers:
- Breakdown Support
- Annual Maintenance
- Spares, majority of which are held at the facility
- Professional Training, ranging from basic manipulator operators, to full strip down of manipulator