Having worked with Europe's leading track renewals specialist company Swietelsky since 1996, Babcock has successfully brought best practice solutions from Europe into the UK rail market. For example the introduction of AFMs marked a step change in on-track technology, uniquely combining ballast regulating and profiling with dynamic track stabilising and track recording capability. We are also extremely proud to have developed our KIROW cranes with a unique special rotating head offering infinite load positioning for our clients.
Our 110-strong team of Operators, Maintainers, Fuel Bowser Drivers and Control Room Staff are highly qualified in their field and permanently strive to deliver a high performing and reliable service at all times.
Our core service features are provided below. If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Core service features:
SB Rail manages, maintains and operates its on track plant and road rail fleet, including:
- Six plain line tamping machine
- Three S&C tamping machines
- Two of the UK's only Automated Finishing Machines (AFM 200)
- One 3x dynamic tamper
- One USP 500 regulator
- Five Unimog road rail machines for overhead line work and tunnel inspections
- Three 26 tonne road rail lorries for goods and materials
- One road rail land rover for inspection and personnel
- Two GWS 75
- Three KIROW KRC 250 cranes
- The UK's only road rail Mobile Flash Butt Welder
In addition to our own plant fleet, we manage, maintain and operate plant for customers. For example, we maintain and hire plant to Network Rail and provide a fuel delivery service for them. We also carry out other third party plant maintenance contracts for WD McCulloch and European Environmental Company.
European Environmental Company