Babcock International Group PLC has announced that it has been selected by the London Fire Brigade (LFB) as the preferred bidder for its new 25 year training contract. Following the LFB's announcement, there will be a mandatory 10 day standstill period, before the process can continue to final contract award. The contract is expected to become operational on 1 April 2012.
Over the 25 year period, Babcock will be working with the London Fire Brigade, the UK's largest fire and rescue service, to develop and deliver enhanced training programmes and new, world-class training facilities. Over 200 courses will be delivered at the two new dedicated training facilities in Park Royal, North West London and Beckton, East London, as well as at nine existing regional training facilities and locally, on all stations, through Babcock's computer based training systems.
This is the biggest modernisation of fire fighter training in over a century. Babcock's proposals will radically improve training facilities, increase the amount of time available for fire fighter training and save the LFB an estimated £66m over the next 25 years.
Babcock already provides training facilities to four fire and rescue services, including Devon & Somerset, Avon, Gloucester and South Wales. It also provides training, including fire training, to the Royal Navy. Babcock has just been ranked as the UK's largest training provider by the Learning and Performance Institute, and delivers programmes across a variety of sectors including Engineering, Automotive, Hospitality, Retail, Active Leisure and Health & Social Care.
The decision to outsource LFB training came after a report in 2008 said that existing fire fighter training facilities were no longer suitable - the Brigade has been training fire fighters at its current site in Southwark since 1878. The LFB considered carefully the possibility of making a major investment to provide the new training facilities itself. However, following close analysis, Brigade officers recommended that an external training provider would offer the highest quality training at the best cost.
Alex Khan, Managing Director for Babcock's Education and Training business, commented:
"We are delighted to have been chosen as preferred bidder for this contract, which is testament to the experience and expertise of our training operation. We are looking forward to developing our partnership with the London Fire Brigade, helping them to maintain a world-class service for a world city."
- Ends -
Notes to Editor:
Babcock International Group
- Babcock is the UK's largest work-based learning provider, managing the training of over 20,000 learners at more than 8,000 employer sites.
- Babcock International Group PLC is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation with an order book in excess of £12 billion.
- Our 27,000 staff across the globe build, manage, operate and maintain assets that are vital to the delivery of many key public services, both in the UK and overseas.
- Defence, energy, telecommunications, transport and education are all sectors where Babcock can be found working diligently behind the scenes, delivering critical support.
- We take great pride in the considerable depth and breadth of our people's expertise. We believe our market-leading reputation gives assurance that Babcock is a partner who can be trusted to deliver (TM).
- For further information regarding Babcock, visit our website.
For further information contact:
Babcock International Group
Tel: +44 (0)1273 507377