Babcock Rosyth is home to one of the largest waterside manufacturing and repair facilities in the UK. With easy access to the North Sea via our tidal and non-tidal basins, and significant site investment in recent years to support our naval and commercial business streams, we are now proudly one of the most modern, capable and competitive facilities in the UK.
Our facilities offer complete customer service, from concept to completion, and our unique capabilities, facilities and infrastructure allow us to provide comprehensive logistical support to our customers. With a footprint of 300 acres and a fabrication area where you could comfortably park 1,169 buses, Babcock’s Rosyth site boasts 25 covered manufacturing bays with specially widened doors that can accommodate even the largest of projects.
Rosyth in numbers:
- Bay dimensions range up to 105m long, 22m wide and 30m high
- 56,000m2 of flexible fabrication spaces, with fabrication floors measuring 44m x 13m
- Almost 800 skilled engineers who support all aspects of detail engineering, concept development and Front-End Engineering Design (FEED) services
- Entrance doorways to bays are at least 11.5m wide by 5.5m high
- Retained a Five Star safety award for 12 consecutive years and awarded the Sword of Honour on 11 occasions from the British Safety Council