Babcock’s support is essential in ensuring mission-ready aircraft are available for the UK military: we know an asset that isn’t available isn’t an asset at all.
We draw on our technical expertise and wider defence experience to address the whole air power picture - from aircraft to ground power units - so military aircrew spend less time on the ground and more time where they’re needed.
We provide aircraft to all three UK Armed Forces, and support the availability of 25% of all MOD aircraft at the levels of readiness needed to deliver the task when and where it is required. We understand the importance of all elements of equipment support in keeping air power assets flying.
Our Mil Part 145 maintenance organisation delivers aircraft engineering support to the UK MOD Hawk TMk1 and TMk2 fleets. We maintain the aircraft and ensure availability for their role in fast-jet pilot training at RAF Valley, and operational training support at RAF Leeming, RNAS Culdrose and RNAS Yeovilton.
We also provide all depth maintenance and significant component maintenance repair for the RAF’s Tucano aircraft, reducing the through-life cost of the fleet and ensuring the best availability for the training task.
At Babcock, we are proud of the long-term relationships we build with our customers and suppliers. We work closely with OEMs including BAE systems and engine manufacturer, Rolls Royce, to provide through-life maintenance of complex assets such as the Hawk fleets.
Babcock’s experience in maintenance projects and both modifications and upgrades of helicopters and airplanes exceeds 50 years. This experience covers both the execution of aircraft maintenance programs and their adaptation to specific needs according to each mission, either civilian or military.
At a glance:
- Babcock runs 15 aeronautical maintenance centres in 8 countries
- Our innovative approach to Hawk TMk2 maintenance scheduling resulted in a 60% reduction in depth maintenance time
- We specialise in different types of fleet, with the capacity for the simultaneous maintenance of more than 60 aircraft
- Babcock performs more than 450 heavy aircraft maintenance inspections per year
- We employ more than 1,200 professionals (technicians and engineers) to ensure we can offer our customers the service they need