Equipment management for the British Army
We play a vital role in the security of the nation, supporting the equipment used by the British Army. This includes the fleet management of over 50,000 vehicles, ranging from quad bikes and generators to main battle tanks, and weapons from pistols to cannons. We conduct complex engineering projects to rebuild armoured vehicles to ensure that they remain ready for action. We are trusted to deliver the right equipment to allow the Army to train for and deploy to operations.
We work closely with the Army to ensure that equipment is available when needed. The fleets we support include:
- Over 30,000 military vehicles
- Over 250,000 individual weapons
- Over 2,000 items of construction equipment
- Over 15,000 administrative vehicles
Available when the Army needs it
- Our services ensure that equipment is ready for action when required. In doing so:
- We assist the Army to meet the readiness it requires to respond to events both in the UK and abroad
- We help to reduce the operational risk that our servicemen face, both when training and when deployed
- We bring innovative fleet management and support techniques to reduce cost to the taxpayer
Working alongside the customer
Our long term relationships with the Armed Services ensure that we can understand their requirements and respond in the most appropriate way. We have staff embedded within the Army to assist with equipment planning, bringing the advantages of wide-ranging industry expertise.
We already support some of the equipment on a full availability service, where we ensure that the right equipment is provided for the mission being undertaken and that it remains operational throughout. We are increasingly moving to a full availability service as the Army’s Strategic Support Supplier.
Our staff provides a range of direct support to the Army. We are leaders in the Whole Force Approach, deploying with the Army to provide expert equipment support on training or, if needed, on operations. This provides a varied, challenging and rewarding additional career opportunity for staff who volunteer for these roles.
A full range of services
To provide this support to the Army we employ high quality professionals in a range of services:
- In over 20 engineering workshops across the UK, with engineers deploying to training areas and overseas when requested by the customer.
- A complex supply chain operation, sourcing over 200,000 spare parts and millions of pounds worth of repairs annually; buying new administrative vehicles and providing over 200,000 vehicle hires a year to support the Ministry of Defence
- A sophisticated vehicle inspection and storage service to hold highly complex military equipment in controlled humidity storage, so that they can be made available quickly when required
Brought together by information
Working alongside the military, we provide state of the art fleet management, supply chain and engineering information systems. We bring together disparate data, and add industry best practice usage monitoring systems and analysis, and ensure that military decision makers have access to accurate and up to the minute information.