As the major supplier of training to eDF Energy, one of the UK’s largest energy companies, supplying electricity and gas to around 5.5 million residential and business customers Babcock is currently in the process of training the next generation of engineering maintenance technicians to ensure that enough people, with the right skills, are available to take up the posts that the nuclear power generation new build renaissance offers.
Babcock Group has a vast wealth of technical industry experience and as a National Skills Academy for Nuclear Quality Assured Provider contributes to working groups and national discussions on the nuclear industry skills strategy.
Our experience in the nuclear industry includes:
- Delivery of the Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering programme at the Babcock Engineering Academy at HMS Sultan, Gosport for eDF Energy with technical training designed to meet the nuclear energy industry’s individual and exacting standards. This has helped eDF Energy to attract and retain the high quality personnel needed for its engineering maintenance workforce, these employees are charged with maintaining eDF’s nuclear power stations. Success rates of the Advanced Apprenticeship are outstanding and are currently 97.7% for timely success. The Babcock Engineering Academy is judged to be Outstanding by Ofsted and is the 2014 SEMTA Sector Skills Council Trainer Provider of the Year.
- Programme Design and Delivery, a comprehensive portfolio of short courses which includes the National Skills Academy Nuclear (NSAN) Level 2 Award for Nuclear Industry Awareness qualification and the Human Performance Tool Box course currently being delivered by Babcock to the workforce of URENCO, the nuclear industry’s supplier of enriched uranium fuel for nuclear power stations. Operating a Managed Training Service, including competency recording and management in line with nuclear site licence conditions 10 and 12 for a UK nuclear fuel enrichment business
- A holder of five nuclear sites licences, Babcock has extensive experience of managing and decommissioning nuclear installations including DSRL and RSRL Harwell and Winfrith through our Cavendish Nuclear business
- New build and maintenance of Royal Naval submarines at the Devonport and Rosyth Dockyards, and the Clyde Submarine Base at Faslane through our Marine and Technology business.
- Deliver Advice and Consultancy services to both new build and nuclear generation businesses through Frazer Nash Consultancy and Cavendish Nuclear, as well as competency and skills related solutions through Babcock Skills & Learning
- Provide fire training for Nuclear sites including URENCO
Why work with Babcock?
Our understanding of the operational environment means that we can deliver a suitably qualified, competent and compliant workforce back into your business
- We are committed to delivering a workforce that have the right skills, tools and qualifications for their job. The training we deliver meets with industry specific role profiles. Our Learning management systems can track learning across the board as well as certifications and qualifications, making sure that all training is up to date and relevant. We will also strive to ensure that your team are embedded with your brand values and create a loyal and inspired workforce.
Customers across the nuclear sector trust us to deliver decommissioning projects meaning that we are culturally aligned to your business
- We are experienced. We have been working within the nuclear industry to safely deliver critical and complex services across a host of challenging environments for decades. We can hit the ground running and understand your operational environment.
Our Award Winning Apprenticeship programmes are a vital part of the Government’s Skills Agenda
- We are invested in your people. From award winning apprenticeship programmes to adult technical training we are committed to delivering the right training for your people.
Babcock in Oman
NTI Oman, a Babcock International Group company, is a market leading technical training specialist providing high-quality training solutions to the energy, oil and gas, and construction sectors in Oman.
With dedicated training facilities in Muscat, Sohar and other locations throughout Oman we deliver technical, HSE and vocational training to major global companies operating in complex and critical environments. NTI also provide an extensive range of Information Technology (IT) and Executive & Management Development programmes for private and public sector customers.
Example technical and HSE courses
Technical training courses are accredited by EMTA Awards Ltd (EAL), and include:
- Mechanical Maintenance
- Drafting & Auto CAD
- Electrical Maintenance
- Masonry Works
- Steel fixing
- Air-conditioning & Refrigeration
- Basic Engineering skills
- Technical Drawing
- Technical English
- Electrical Maintenance
- Welding & Fabrication
- Forklift Operation
- Heavy Goods vehicle operation
- Rigging & Slinging
- Scaffolding and Access equipment
Example HSE courses include:
- IOSH Working Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- ·NEBOSH International General Certificate
- HSE Induction
- Self Contained Breathing Apparatus
- H2S Awareness and Escape
- Incident investigation and reporting
- Gas Testing
- Fire Wardens
- Basic Fire Extinguisher
- Basic Life Support (First Aid)
- Permit to Work
- Supervising Safety
- Job Hazard Analysis
- Chemical Hazard Awareness
- Hazard Awareness & Communication
- Defensive Driving LV, HVG
- Driving Awareness skills
- Safe Journey Management
- Welding/Electrical Safety
- Production Floor/Industrial Safety
- Rigging Safety
As an ISO 9001:2008 certified company NTI is committed to rigorous quality management and has robust quality control procedures in place to ensure both our trainers and the courses they deliver exceed customer expectations.
Omanisation NTI is proud to support the ‘Omanisation’ of the national workforce, helping to ensure that young Omani aspirants become the preferred choice for employers across the widest range of Industrial and Service sectors.
Find out more about NTI Oman at http://www.ntioman.com/