Our Vehicle Engineering business operates a whole life methodology to specialist vehicle conversions.
This ranges from concept design and assessment, to manufacture and installation of customer specific equipment, through to maintenance and eventual decommissioning of the vehicle. This proven and long term capability influences and shapes the way in which governments and organisations develop their fleet of specialist high-performing vehicles.
We deliver one of the largest and most comprehensive choices of products within the vehicle conversion sector to customers including the police, fire and ambulance services, civil service, military and other security-focused organisations.
Formerly S MacNeillie & Son, Babcock’s vehicle engineering business has over 100 years of experience in pushing the boundaries of automotive solutions and design.
By using market-leading protective materials and innovative process techniques, Vehicle Engineering remains committed to the continued development of market leading specialist capability vehicles materials as well as being committed to continuous research and development.
Our services include:
- Compliant customised builds in high security production facilities
- Specialist in-vehicle communications capability
- Armoured protection
- Composite material production
- Disposal and decommissioning
- Service packs
A combination of innovation, technical excellence and craftsmanship enables us to supply and support quality deployable products to a worldwide market of critical users. Our customer trusts us to deliver resilient and appropriate products with assured whole-life support across the world.
A focus on our customers
We constantly work with our customers to deeply understand their requirements; we ensure the interpretation of the customer concept to a clearly defined and agreed design that allows them to effectively articulate their concept to their user groups.
Our security vetted personnel and After Sales Team provides ongoing support and assistance, including:
- A dedicated customer helpdesk supported by our After Sales and Technical teams
- Mobile Client Support Teams – providing an invaluable daily service to maintain assets and carry out on-site installations to minimise vehicle downtime
- High demand onsite stock – enabling commercial vehicle parts to be available for next day delivery
- User and workshop training programmes for full assurance that operational staff, and those responsible for the upkeep of the vehicle, are conversant with the asset
We have an experienced project management team who oversee large contracts in and outside of the UK. The dedicated contract managers work closely with our production departments and the client, reinforcing the trust they have placed on us to build and convert their vehicles to the highest quality expected of a leading conversion specialist.
Our ambition is to continually work with our customers on a long term basis and be the supplier of choice on complex specialist builds.