Join Babcock as an apprentice and you’ll get world-class training. You’ll also need to bring the qualities that will make your time with us as rewarding as possible.
We look for the following attributes in all of our apprentices:
Willingness and ability to learn
- You’ll need the focus to learn vocational skills and follow academic courses too. You must be able to read and interpret technical drawings, so need to have at least three GCSEs or five Standard Grades, including maths, English and a science or technical subject.
- You’ll need to show a genuine interest in how machines and appliances work, along with the desire to design, build, maintain or repair them.
- We’re committed to preventing injury in the workplace. So you need to be able to take instructions, and to think and plan your work with safety as a priority.
Respect for others
- Most of your working life will be spent working as part of a team. So you need to be considerate and respectful towards other people.
Self-disciplined and motivated
- You’ll need to be reliable and able to motivate yourself, while taking pride in delivering a high-quality service.