As a principal contractor in the UK rail infrastructure market Babcock has built a reputation for delivering quality engineering projects by championing innovation and introducing new technologies into the rail industry. Our telecommunications business excels in the introduction of best in class and value add communications systems for our customer base within the rail and industry sector. On a daily basis we provide cost effective and sustainable solutions to support our customers, many of whom operate large strategically important and mission critical assets.
Our project teams, through our commitment to customers, supply chain and partner collaboration, provide in-house turnkey solutions from concept to commissioning for all rail telecommunications projects. Our vast experience and technical excellence enables us to support our customers through all the governance phases of projects inclusive of conceptual design, system overview, system specifications, outline and detailed design, installations, testing and entry into service.
We are trusted to deliver the professional services required to implement change to critically important assets within the highly regulated Rail environment. Our team of project delivery staff have the required modern technical skills to deliver on our promises to meet our customers‘ expectations while maintaining our commitment to send our people home safe every day. Everything we do is underpinned by the highest levels of safety and our design, installation, test and commissioning, maintenance and project management teams have a proven track record in the delivery of safety critical and safety related retail and operational telecommunications solutions.
Our Telecoms core competency includes 20+ years‘ experience and expertise in the design, installation and test and commissioning of:
- Communications transmission systems including FTN, FTNx and legacy SDH/PDH networks
- IP networks with a particular emphasis on Cisco products •Cable installations including copper, fibre, blown fibre and screening conductor
- Telephone Concentrator Systems, traditional TDM and IP including voice recorders
- Station Information and Security Systems (SISS); Customer Information Systems (CIS), Public Address (PA), Digital Clocks and Closed Circuit Television (CCTV)
- Public Address and Voice Alarm (PAVA)
- Driver only operation (DOO) viewing aids including mirrors and CCTV
- Power and Earthing systems for telecoms equipment
- Radio systems including Radio Electronic Token Block and emergency tunnel systems
- Equipment housings and temporary and permanent equipment buildings
- Environmental systems
- Fire and Security Systems