Our Consultancy business provides multi-disciplinary design to our internal delivery teams and external customers. Our design competencies include; civils, electrical, signalling, track and survey. These specialist teams have extensive experience of providing a range of services commencing with feasibility and option selection through to detailed design, installation, testing, commissioning and final records (Health and Safety files) support phases.
- Successful proven track record in the provision of multi-disciplinary services predominantly within the rail industry
- Extensive experience in the provision of topographic/geomatic survey design services complemented by a track design team offering large scale survey control networks, deformation monitoring using high provision surveying instrumentation, detailed plain line and switches and crossings surveys to facilitate outline/detailed design, OLE surveys to enable OLE assessments to be undertaken in support of plain line design, gauging surveys using both Lasersweep and trolley mounted high definition laser scanners, detailed level crossing signalling ground plans, track alignment setting out using 3D design alignment files, conventional track monitoring, dimensional control surveys of structures, LIDAR surveys, plain line design, gauging analysis and drainage design
- Expertise in providing civil engineering design including ground investigation and survey (factual/interpretative reporting), earthworks/slope remediation, pavement and trackbed design, foundations, retaining walls, structures, stations platforms, drainage systems, Level Crossing upgrades and Under Track Crossing/Under Road Crossing design.
- Expertise in providing electrical designs required by railway disciplines (signalling, telecoms, E&P) to allow their systems to operate with the necessary electrical and mechanical services (DNO upgrade/installation works, UPS enhancement works, CIS/SISS/PA and IL upgrades and installation, 400V and 650V signalling supply modifications/renewals, signal box refurbishments/upgrades, abolitions, PSP modification works, new PSP/ASP, level crossing upgrades/renewals, junction/buffer stop lighting, points heating, GSM-R/FTN power supplies
- Extensive experience in the production of new works design and the integration of new designs with ‘legacy; systems and infrastructure, particularly relay and electromechanical installations. This includes design or production of scheme plans, feasibility and option selection reports Outline and Final Project Specifications, signalling power loadings, Signal Design Specifications, Control Tables, Free Wired interlocking, geographical relay interlockings (Westpac or GEC), electro-mechanical interlocking, mechanical locking, signalling control panels and illuminated diagrams, location case, track circuit bonding, TDM interface, the use of axle counter systems and the design of level crossings (MCB, CCTV, AHB, AOCL, ABCL, MSL, OD).
Our Consultancy team comprises professional staff with around 75% holding degrees. We are currently delivering works for Network Rail including delivering track survey and structure gauging works; ‘Through Alignment Design’ works on HS1; track and structure gauging works on the Edinburgh to Glasgow Electrification Improvement Programme; signalling design in association with the National LX Framework; and civils design support to Siemens on a number of Major Signalling Renewals Projects. We are one of only a small number of suppliers to have achieved ‘Gold’ status in terms of Network Rail’s Engineering Assurance initiative for Signalling and Plain Line Track design disciplines, holding Silver status in Signalling and OHLE Plain Line.