Whether it is sourcing a product, negotiating a price or making sure goods and services are delivered in time, we make sure the Royal Navy has what it needs to keep its submarines and ships at sea.
Procurement and supply chain is at the heart of the business and touches every aspect of what we do. As part of our team you will learn all methods of buying goods and services, help manage their delivery to the end customer and manage the information systems needed to coordinate these activities.
We are currently offering a Level 4 Procurement and Supply Chain Apprenticeship.
The aim of the apprenticeship is to prepare candidates for a career in procurement and supply chain, starting as an assistant buyer in one of our operational procurement teams. During your apprenticeship you will work in the following areas:
- Planning & inventory management
- Logistics & warehousing.
As part of the Apprenticeship you will:
- Learn how suppliers are selected and managed.
- Work within integrated project teams, placing purchase orders and managing operational supplier performance.
- Learn how we forecast, plan and use inventory to fulfil customer demands.
- Learn how we receipt and inspect materials and goods from suppliers, store these materials and then despatch them to manufacturing or external customers.
The apprenticeship scheme lasts two years. Your first year will include working offsite at South Gloucestershire and Stroud College on weekly day release where you will be complete 6 modules over the course of the year. When not at college you will be working in placements around the business where you will be able to embed your learning.
In the second year, whilst working in one of our supply chain areas, you will complete a work based learning project and prepare for your end point assessment.
In addition to gaining a qualification you will receive soft skill training to help you develop your personal and team working skills. You will also be supported by a mentor throughout your apprenticeship and in your first year by a buddy who will be an assistant buyer working within the business.
The role is primarily based at our Bristol site with a potential placement at our Devonport Royal Dockyard, Plymouth site.
To apply you will need:
- a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C/4 or higher (or equivalent)
- GCSE English and Maths at grade B/6 or higher
- 3 A Levels at grade C or above or equivalent Level 3 qualification e.g. BTEC at Merit or Distinction
- Applicants with HNC/HND or Higher Level qualifications are also eligible for this training opportunity in commercial procurement
To apply click here