Join Babcock as an apprentice and you’ll get world-class training. You’ll also need to bring the qualities that will make your time with us as rewarding as possible.
We look for the following attributes in all of our apprentices:
- Willingness and ability to learn
- You’ll need the focus to learn vocational skills and follow academic courses too. You must be able to read and interpret technical drawings, so need to have at least three GCSEs or five Standard Grades, including maths, English and a science or technical subject.
- Practical skills
- You’ll need to show a genuine interest in how machines and appliances work, along with the desire to design, build, maintain or repair them.
- Safe working
- We’re committed to preventing injury in the workplace. So you need to be able to take instructions, and to think and plan your work with safety as a priority.
- Respect for others
- Most of your working life will be spent working as part of a team. So you need to be considerate and respectful towards other people.
- Self-disciplined and motivated
- You’ll need to be reliable and able to motivate yourself, while taking pride in delivering a high-quality service.
If you think you’ve got the qualities we’re looking for, get in touch and find out about starting your journey with Babcock.
To join Babcock as an apprentice, you’ll need to go through our recruitment process.
We deliver apprenticeships at a range of locations across the UK, but wherever you’d like to be placed, you’ll go through a similar process when you apply.
There are six steps to becoming a Babcock apprentice:
- Search our full list of apprentice vacancies and follow the on-screen process to apply online. We’ll keep in touch with you by email, so make sure you give us the right address and complete all sections marked with an * .The application form may take you some time to complete – don’t worry, you can save what you’ve done and come back to it later. We don’t see your application until you submit it.
- We’ll send you an email to let you know we’ve received your application, before reviewing it. We’ll let you know how your application is going, mainly by email.
- If you’re shortlisted, you’ll be asked to complete a range of ability tests.
- We’ll invite you for an interview if you pass the tests successfully.
- Teamwork assessment:
- Teamwork is crucial at Babcock, so you’ll have a team-based assessment to see how you get on with your peers.
- Offer of employment:
- We normally make an offer of employment shortly after the teamwork assessment. If you’re joining a division where you need security clearance, you’ll need to complete that process first, which takes 10 to 12 weeks.
Take a look at our apprentice vacancies and find out how you can grow with Babcock.