What are we looking for?
Join Babcock as an apprentice and work for the world you want to live in. We’re looking for creativity, curiosity and a passion to learn. In return you’ll get world class training and the opportunity to work on projects that make a global impact.
We look for the following attributes in all of our apprentices:
- You’ll need the focus to learn vocational skills and follow academic courses too. Entry requirements depend on the type and level of apprenticeship you are applying for, but as a minimum you will need to have at least three GCSEs (grades 4 and above) or five Standard Grades, including maths, English and a science or technical subject depending on the apprenticeship you are applying for. More information on entry requirements can be found on specific vacancies.
- You’ll need to show a genuine interest in your subject/career choice and show a willingness to learn, question and collaborate within a team.
- You’ll need to be reliable and able to motivate yourself, while taking pride in delivering a high-quality service.
- Most of your working life will be spent working as part of a team, so you need to be considerate and respectful towards other people. In essence, be kind.
- Implement our Purpose & Principles into your working life will help us deliver better outcomes for our culture, customers and communities.
Safe working We’re committed to preventing injury in the workplace. You need to be able to take instructions, and to think and plan your work with safety as a priority.