1 Jan 2015
Babcock becomes a member of the ukactive Vanguard Group
Babcock is one of the largest training providers in the UK with an extensive delivery footprint of Active Leisure Apprenticeships across England, Wales and Northern Ireland. With a reputation for delivering responsive workforce development solutions, Babcock puts our employer partners at the heart of delivery design. We are recognised for our innovative approach to optimising success by embedding high quality teaching and learning enriched by the latest technological innovations. With a track record in shaping the delivery of high quality Apprenticeships across a range of sectors, membership of ukactive’s Vanguard Group will provide an outstanding opportunity for Babcock to influence the future of Active Leisure Apprenticeships both now, and into the future.
The ukactive Vanguard Group is a collection of over 35 members who share ukactive’s vision of getting more people, more active, more often. The Vanguard Group works closely with ukactive to develop policies and strategies that place organisations at the forefront of the active leisure sector. For Babcock, the benefits are clear and the organisation looks forward to working with employers and the Vanguard Group to ensure that our innovative approach to apprenticeship delivery continues to meet the needs of the sector. With the implementation of Apprenticeship Trailblazers in progress, the influential role the Vanguard Group plays in apprenticeship development will be critical in ensuring that professionals working in active leisure are able to meet the evolving needs of the sector.
Michael Kent, Operations Manager for Babcock’s Active Leisure delivery said “We welcome the opportunity to benefit from the range of support Vanguard membership offers us, in particular the insight and guidance of the dedicated ukactive Vanguard team. With the exciting opportunities presented by Apprenticeship Reform, we are delighted to have the chance to strategically inform the future of active leisure apprenticeships and ensure they are fit for purpose in attracting and developing the very best active leisure professionals of the future. Continuing to support sector growth and meet the innovation required by the sector is critical for us and becoming members of the Vanguard Group is key to realising this ambition.”
Commenting on the announcement, ukactive CEO, David Stalker stated “We are delighted to welcome Babcock to the Vanguard Group and look forward to working together to develop a highly responsive and professional active leisure workforce that helps us achieve our mission of more people, more active, more often.”
Notes to Editor:
• Babcock’s training business is one of the UK’s largest work-based learning providers, managing the training of over 20,000 learners across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
• We are recognised as a leader in the field of vocational training, as evidenced by our recent industry award wins: Apprenticeship Awards Cymru 2014 – Apprenticeship Provider of the Year; Apprenticeships4England 2014 – LargeTraining Provider of the Year; Active Leisure Awards 2013
• The active lifestyle sector is a priority sector for Babcock. We support over 1100 apprentices in a range of active leisure roles, with particular strength in the delivery of outdoor active leisure apprenticeships.
• We are part of Babcock International Group, the UK’s leading engineering support services company with revenue of over £3.5 billion in 2014 and an order book of circa £11.5 billion.
• Our market-leading reputation is based on one key fact: Babcock is a partner that can be trusted to deliver. www.babcockinternational.com/training
For further information:
Regional Manager Active Leisure Skills and Learning
Babcock International Group
The McLaren Building
Mob: +447766 314 534
Email: [email protected]