5 Dec 2022
Babcock launches ‘Be Kind Day’ to give every employee one day’s paid leave to volunteer
Today (5 December 2022) is International Volunteering Day. To mark this day and celebrate the power and potential of volunteering worldwide, today in Babcock, we launch our global volunteering policy, which gives every Babcock employee a ‘Be Kind Day’ each year to play an active part in helping others to thrive.
As part of our ESG agenda, volunteering allows us to make a valuable contribution and a positive difference to the communities we are proud to be part of.
There are also significant personal development benefits to be gained from volunteering and we want to make sure our employees feel encouraged to give their time and talents and are supported through one day’s paid leave per calendar year to undertake voluntary work. Many of our employees already volunteer for various charities and community groups globally in their own time. These include:
- Carrying out renovations at Bokantsho Primary School in Viljoensdrift, Free State, South Africa (pictured)
- Volunteering at Goatacre Animal Sanctuary, UK
- Supporting native tree planning in New Zealand
- Helping Bude Surf Veterans charity deliver surf experiences to Blesma, The Limbless Veterans.
- Volunteering at Foodbank South Australia & Central Australia in Pooraka to help sort through donated fruit and vegetables.
The ‘Be Kind Day’ will make sure that we take a consistent global approach and can support everyone to get involved.