We provide initial and subsequent trade training courses to British Army soldiers across 14 separate course types.
Total training for the Army’s mounted close combat community
In collaboration with the Army, we deliver individual technical training at the Armour Centre’s (ARMCEN) Technical Training School (for driving, maintenance and gunnery) and the Combat Communication & Information Systems School.
All of our instructional staff have qualified at the Army Recruiting and Training Division (ARTD) School of Leadership Support (ASLS) and many of them also hold coaching and mentoring awards. Instructional line managers are qualified to Army Instructor Supervisor (AIS) level and the training operations manager is a qualified Army Instruction Leader (AIL).
In addition to direct instruction we provide:
- Course design
- Customer support
- First line Fleet maintenance services for both Around Fighting Vehicle (AFV) and Motor Transport (MT) fleets
- Supply and inventory management for vehicle spares and accommodation
- Training aid manufacture and maintenance
- Building custodianship and management for simulation and communication training facilities
- Physical training instruction
Specialist asset management
Babcock provides vehicles and drivers to meet training and administrative requirements, delivering fleet management services, as well as inspection, maintenance and repair for over 350 specialist assets. TMASS’s fleet management staff are qualified and skilled in the operation and maintenance of ARMCEN’s varied fleet, with many holding NVQ Level 2 qualifications in automotive engineering.
Our customer support services provide a single focal point all resource requirements including processing bookings, amendments, breakdown and repair requests. Additionally, we use the military supply chain to provide NATO codified spare parts for equipment maintenance and repair
Along with providing full support to ARMCEN’s technical schools, our supply team manages the full inventory of ARMCEN’s equipment consumables and spare parts, via the military supply chain. It also supports the provision and management of accommodation stores. TMASS also provide physical training instruction in the gym and life guards for the garrison pool.
- Delivery of over 17,000 student training days per year
- Design, management and delivery of instruction in over 14 different course types
- Asset management of over 350 specialist vehicles and items of complex equipment