Intelligent design to digitally enable in-service support.
Data analytics and technology development is a key component in Babcock’s delivery of advanced through life support solutions for our UK and international customers.
An excellent example of this is where our Complex Asset Performance Analytics (CAPA) capability is being used on the Type 23 Class life extension programme. CAPA fuses, models and visualises the many data sources related to the programme and transforms the information into decision support.
iFrigateTM is a step development of this capability. It will embed ‘learning from experience’ and introduce a suite of technology and sensors into the T31e build programme to measure platform performance in real time. This cutting edge technology and intelligent design for support will deliver:
improved availability and readiness a reduction in operational and support risk
a reduction in platform safety risk
iFrigateTM will use Commercially off the Shelf (COTs) technology and ensure that the maintainer can access the correct maintenance information and documentation at the right time to empower them as on-board service engineers. The key building blocks of iFrigateTM are:
- Data acquisition – Equipment sensor technology captures material state data. Data can be analysed and visualised in a configurable suite of mobile apps that is replicated shore-side to put the maintainer at the heart of the solution.
- Data release control – The maintainer remains in control of on-board data, providing a shore-side link when additional support is required through existing data bearers.
- Data access – Reduces the administrative burden and drudgery on the maintainer providing access to authoritative data and modern tools to exploit it.
- Shore side analysis – Data analysis shore side enables forward deployed support to be provided and optimises the next support period as well as de-risking Class support through life.
- Data distribution – Sensor bearer infrastructure distributes equipment sensor data and allows aggregation, exploiting hard wired, blown fibre and Li-Fi network infrastructure.
- On-board analytics – An on-board analytics suite enables the maintainer to observe and orient data and derive information to enable risk based decisions.
iFrigateTM is the ultimate in designing for support and brings together our extensive experience of delivering world leading through life support capability.