11 Set 2019
Babcock brings total insight to defence market through iSupport 360
Babcock is creating powerful and dynamic new ways of interpreting information across complex assets.
iSupport360, launched at DSEI 2019, is Babcock’s own approach to the integration of next level technology to create valuable information for the management of critical assets. By combining its expertise with unique insights across the enterprise, iSupport360 provides a powerful way for personnel to see the bigger picture and optimise the effectiveness of any asset such as; a ship, a submarine or critical infrastructure.
Opening up a world of opportunity for defence customers, iSupport360 enhances the ability of maintainers and operators to make informed decisions with a better understanding of asset performance and material condition.
iSupport 360 addresses key aspects of asset maintenance and engineering bringing together Babcock’s knowledge and expertise with digital technologies delivering improved outcomes for its customers.
The future of iSupport 360
Babcock has a suite of business ‘applications’ for its iSupport360 programme demonstrating the breadth of business integration.
- iFrigate – The integration of a ‘connected’ suite of technology and sensors coupled with Babcock’s iSupport analytics capability means a design with support at the forefront whilst ensuring that the on-board maintainer remains at the heart of the solution.
- iMAST– (Intelligent Maritime Adaptive Synthetics & Training) – Digitally enhanced training targeting operators and maintainers through deployment of: Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality capability; remote learning and virtual reach back; peer to peer and trainer to trainee knowledge sharing; applied data analytics for assessment of people capability to inform training pipelines.
- iCE – (Complex Equipment) Deployment of ‘Digital Twin’ capability and technology as applied to complex systems and equipments throughout Babcock’s business.
- iAM – (Asset Management) Technology and Digital capabilities underpinning Babcock’s Global Service approach to major ship platforms and fleets ensuring: improved knowledge of asset performance; empowerment of on-board maintainers and application of digital technologies across business operations and value stream.
- iFAC – Enhancing the services to customers via optimised operation of facilities and infrastructure (including safety, reliability and efficiencies) through deployment of: technology and analytics in the maintenance of assets; advanced manufacturing including robotics and automation; mobile and connected technologies to empower
- iPSE – (Integrated Product Support Environment) – An environment that brings together a modern standards approach to management of design, build and through life data coupled with technologically advanced tools and architectures to ensure an asset remains predictably safe, reliable, available, affordable and capable throughout
John Howie CEO Marine, Babcock said: “Babcock is the defence sector’s Intelligent Support Partner. Due to the complex work that we do and the relationships and enterprise we are involved with, we know that the interpretation of technology and information relating to critical assets needs to evolve to provide for a better, more holistic approach to our engineering services, giving a true 360 view.
“As a business driver, integrating expertise & knowledge of critical assets with information and technologies becomes increasingly valuable in delivering outputs whilst maintaining safety, affordability and capability for our customers.
“Enabling us to combine our expertise with unique insights, iSupport360 provides a powerful new way of assuring the effectiveness of all assets. Future support of critical assets will require a new approach to unlock the full potential of Data and Technologies and that is why we have launched this important programme – we are hugely excited by its possibilities.”
Visitors to DSEI are experiencing a demonstration of iSupport360 at first hand. A Babcock immersive theatre experience, is providing delegates with the opportunity to visualise and experience the enhanced engineering support solutions in a bespoke technology pop – up space.
Babcock is a trusted partner that offers deep understanding of technology integration & unique infrastructure alongside specialist training and people; all of which is underpinned by technology.
Through iSupport 360, it is bringing a whole new approach to managing data, information, engineering and technology in a way that is scaleable and repeatable.