Babcock’s Design & Completions Engineers
Babcock are specialists in creating aircraft capable of the most demanding operations.
By collaborating with customers and applying leading-edge technologies our innovative Design & Completions (D&C) engineers can turn a helicopter’s raw potential into reality.
We create capabilities for aircraft rescuing people in distress, responding to emergency medical emergencies, surveying thousands of miles of energy networks, tackling wildfires and even fighting crime from the skies.
PART 21J and PART 21G businesses covering the UK and EU mean Babcock can meet a wide range of customer requirements across a range of different aircraft types and operations.
And because we work alongside colleagues who are operating and maintaining aircraft and driving innovation our engineers are uniquely well-placed to understand the requirements of demanding airborne operations. Whether we are providing a one-off technology upgrade or managing the design and integration of next-generation mission systems for entire fleets we can draw on the skills and experience of thousands of experts across the globe.
Of course safety is, as ever, at the heart of everything we do, with all modifications and customisations executed to exacting standards and always meeting, or exceeding, strict regulations, approvals and customer requirements.
At a Glance
• Babcock has Design & Completions teams located throughout Europe, working alongside wider Babcock operations.
• We offer full-scope services, including; design and certification, flight-testing, integration,
training and through-life support.
• Our work is approved by EASA and the CAA
– Design (CAA & EASA Part 21J)
– Installation (CAA & EASA Part 145)
– Production (CAA & EASA Part 21G)
– Over 300 approved aircraft modifications
– Experience of working on over 30 aircraft types, both rotary and fixed wing